Sunday, June 19, 2005

BQ's raspberry/honey scones

BQ's raspberry honey scones

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup frozen rasberries
1 cup milk
1/4 cup honey
extra flour

Stir together dry ingredients, cut in butter, throw in rasberries and cut up with a pastry cutter (or chop before you throw them in). Stir together milk and honey, then add to dry ingredients, stir until blended, and add enough flour so it is not real sticky. Roll into a 7 inch circle, place on greased baking pan, and cut into 6 or 8 slices. Pull the slices away from each other a little, and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Check, you may need to bake another 5 or 10 minutes, depending on how thick you rolled the dough.

Eat them hot, with honey poured over the tops, although they do taste good later too. I have a lot of honey right now.

I have been painting my dining room. I hung the color up for a month, decided it was time, and started ripping wallpaper(well, I started a month ago, but time gets away.) Now I have half of it done. It is ORANGE! Well, actually a harvest russet, more brown than reddish tones, but it is bright. Dave likes it, and it makes me happy looking at it. I really like bright colors. The only problem is that our kitchen is painted a dark green, so if you stand looking through to the kitchen it is pretty hidious! Darn, I guess that means i am painting the kitchen next! I have a great yellow already picked out, and it looks really good with the orange.

My dad is coming tomorrow to watch the kids for the week while I am at camp. I am so not ready! Well, I am ready for camp, I am not ready for my dad to visit! I know what I am doing tomorrow, uber clean/finish painting.

I had intents of posting some thoughts, but I think i am heading to bed. I will try again tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Drengest Ex Flambeau said...

These were darn good!