Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Curried spinach and tomatoes

Wash and chop a large bag of fresh spinach, or use a normal sized package of frozen spinach. Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and cook the spinach on meduim with a lid until it is wilted and dark green. Place in a bowl and set aside. Put another 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pan and add 2-6 cloves garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoons curry powder. ***Note, curry powder you buy in stores has no curry leaves in it. This recipe used store bought curry powder which is really cumin, tumeric, cloves, etc. I have yet to find curry leaves in this area****
When garlic starts to brown add the spinach and 2 med/large chopped tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Cook until heated through and tomatoes soften, serve with Indian Potatoes and pita and hummus.

To add protien you can cook separately 1/2 cup chana dal or yellow split peas according to package directions, (40 minutes closed lid in lots of water), and add in last step. If you like you can add some of the cooking water to the mix and make more of a soup, adding in more salt and pepper and maybe a chicken bullion cube.




I am having a bit of a conundrum. Another board I am on has someone who keeps airing a particular opinion which not only I strongly disagree with but find quite frankly somewhat offensive. The offensive bit is MY problem, not hers. Here is the thing. I have made it clear that I disagree with her, and why. She chooses to continue to keep repeating herself, simply using more words each time but no better arguement and it is clear she is not only not going to change her mind but is not going to drop it.

I chose today to drop it, and she still went on to post a huge page restating what I had just argued. I did not answer.

It seems like no matter what I talk about, she finds a way to manipulate the converstaion into this area, where she again repeats her theories.

Do I simply walk away? Not go to that board anymore?

Do I ignore posts she makes with these theories in it?

Do I start saying Banana after every post she responds to me where this is started again? (It is working with the kids)

I worry because this board is important to me, and the things she is saying do find their way out to cause us all to be judged by her words.

I personally think she has just been trying to annoy me, and it was working. Not any more.


I think NYMOM, that while your reasons are different from mine, you may be right. Maybe it is time for me to leave there.

I also will say that any discussion of that topic itself is banned from here, because it is my blog and I am sick of hearing about it. That is the cool thing about having your own blog!

(I will never ban someone who disagrees with something I post here. Since I will never post that theory here, I will never have to argue it. I choose not to even bother wasting my time arguing it if it is presented by someone else here. No one but this woman would even think of such an out-there theory, so I am pretty safe!)

And no names please for those of you who know who I am talking about.

My husband thinks I should just leave. He is usually right about these things.

1 comment:

NYMOM said...

I say trust your husband's gut instinct...There are other places you can post and discuss issues w/o listening to crap...

Sometimes a board just moves in a different direction for one reason or another and you can become out of step with everyone else who's on it...It can become unpleasant to constantly disagree with everybody or mostly everybody day after day...

Hey I quit posting on a board I used to post on everyday because everything became about domestic violence...DV is an important issue, but there are other issues important to women too and I don't want to have to listen to every single thing concerning women framed through the lens of domestic violence.

Also in your case, the board you post on has had an influx of men from mensnewsdaily as that site closed their forum down for some of the same reasons that you mentioned...

I think if you just cut down your posting there and visit less often, perhaps that could be a solution...

Find other places to post or create your own place...a board for women that is NOT a feminist board and maybe discusses issues and gets the opinion of ordinary women...

I read a horror story that I just posted on my blog the other day of a woman with four children who starts hiring herself out as a surrogate mother and has EIGHT MORE CHILDREN for an income of about $20,000 annually...

I saw nothing about this woman being discussed on feminist blogs or mens rights blogs (probably because she was having the children for gay couples, men I assume) so of course then it was okay...

I, however, was horrified...

Anyway, whatever you decide goodluck...Maybe if you start a site, you can even make some money off of it with ads...