Sunday, May 29, 2005

Fried egg sandwiches and Star Wars spoilers.

In butter or oil fry one egg for each sandwich, breaking the yolk and frying until the yolk is solid. Place on white or sour dough bread, add ketchup or Red Hot, and have at it with a glass of V8 or orange juice. Makes a great breakfast. You could add bacon, salsa, guacamole, cheese, ring balony or sausage if you wanted. I just like them plain myself.

We just went to see the third Star Wars. This will be full of spoilers, so if you don't want the movie to be spoiled, step away from the keyboard. I wasn't going to see it but my husband wanted to see it for the third time. It was WAY better than I thought it would be. Anakin/ - and not to spoil it or anything-/Darth Vader, was as always a horrendous actor. The kid just needs to find a new career or something. He is no Vin Deisal, where his outstanding physical presence makes up for his lack of brilliance in other areas. Of course Dave tells me that Luke was just as bad in the first three, which I of course denied adamently. The first three were untouchable. (I say this as I am plugging my ears and yelling LALALA!)

Of course LucASSs horrible writing did not help. But this time you felt is was meshing the two series together, it was really cool to hear the old Vader music creep in, and see the storm troopers looking very, well, storm trooperish, and watch Padme start to look more like Liea. I still miss muppet Yoda, CG Yoda just isn't the same. The transformation that Anikin makes is very believable, even though you just wack your forehead at his gullibility. The whole laying on the lava beach burnt to a crisp was...yuck! I kept waiting for him to say "It's just a flesh wound...come over here and I'll bite your leg off!"

The only real complaint? What is up with the NOOOOOO! at the end? CHEESE! Sometimes you wonder if the editors ever really watch the movie.

The critter that Obi Wan rides on one world looks like an iguana with a bird head, and it can MOVE! Way cool. Chewy was really neat to see too. And General Grievious? All I can say is wow! Four light sabers! He was so COOL! By far the best bad guy they have come up with in the second three.

Well, the hubby came home this weekend, and is probably getting impatient that I am up writing instead of going to bed.

So g-night.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to see Star Wars III - and your husband...

OK, departing from topic now. This really does seem like too much effort for the result.. just buy an electric mini fridge. Jet Powered Beer Cooler. Hope you had cold ones for Memorial Day...

NYMOM said...

Hi Biscuit Queen....

I had a funny incident Thursday.

On my way to work I stopped off at a bakery where I have been buying breakfast every morning for the past few months...I usually buy a biscuit and make tea at work to go with it...

Anyway as soon as a I came in one of the women behind the counter yelled to the other, "the 'biscuit lady' is here"...which had me laughing all the way to work...

Since your handle is Biscuit Queen, I assume you have some great recipes for biscuits...so why don't you share them with us...

Jen Kuhn said...

Terry, that jet powered beer cooler is awesome! I'm on it!


nymom-what a riot. And I do have my recipe, which I will go ahead and put up. The funny thing is that I really like making bread from scratch better than biscuits. My BIL keeps threatening to buy me a bread maker but I just tell him it will make great target practice with my 16 gauge.

NYMOM said...

I made bread from scratch for years when I was a stay-at-home mom...

I even had a bread book with different bread recipes...

Now I buy it from the store...and some of the breads are really good: sourdough and irish soda bread, pita bread...many more interesting ones out now then when I made by own...

My oldest daughter is into cooking and yesterday we went out and got many different pans and other different gadgets for her kitchen...I guess that's what happens when you work in a restaurant, even in the business office...

Anonymous said...

Oh, that breadmaker!

DH insisted on buying a breadmaker shortly after we got married, and he has bread-making fits from time to time. A couple of weeks ago the supermarket discontinued Hodgson Mill whole grain flours for 1.00 per bag and I bought all they had left, 2 bags whole wheat and 3 bags rye (my freezer is packed!). I got out the machine and told him to get busy, and while he's doing that I've been experimenting with pumpkin muffins, banana muffins, onion muffins, etc. (Great for quick breakfasts and lunch box snacks). Plus adding whole grain flour to pancakes and gravies. Much healthier and more filling.

Great idea about planting some basil along with the tomatoes. I'll have to get some of that. If I have luck with the tomatoes I might try peppers, box lettuce or spinach, maybe even a little eggplant.

Star Wars III sounds good. I hope DH and I can get away long enough to see it soon--doesn't happen too often.

Anne

Jen Kuhn said...

I still have not mastered rye bread. Comes out like a brick every time. I should try it agian, I think sifting the flour may be a good start.

NYMOM said...

Regarding bread either rye or wheat, you have to knead it and let it rise a few times; otherwise it does come out hard.

We don't realize it because our bread has been so softened up over here, but rye and pumpernickle breads are thicker and far more chewable (if that's a word) then we make them in the US...

Like a real slice from a loaf of rye or pumpernickle (hope it's spelled right) in Germany is quite a chewing experience...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've heard that rye can be difficult, but that it helps to mix the flours. Last night I opened the rye flour for the first time and made muffins with half all-purpose and half rye flour, shredded onion, a teaspoon of rosemary. They came out great, I think--pretty light, considering. And although some people might not like that strong onion flavor in bread, I really do. Makes a great bread to serve with dinner. I think I'll have DH try the rye flour in the bread machine this weekend.

Anne